7-point agenda for development in NITI Aayog (23-04-2017)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will discuss its first three year action plan, seven-year strategy and 15-year vision document for development in the NITI Aayog’s Governing Council meet where all the chief ministers of the state are taking part.
The first three-year action agenda will take effect from 2017-18 to 2019-20. As the government is gearing up for the next 2019 general elections, the Centre’s priority would be to implement its strategy on ground. During the day-long meeting, the performance of the 12th Five Year Plan will also be reviewed apart from holding deliberations on the action plan, the strategy and the vision document. The NITI Aayog has a 15-year vision document for a period up to 2030. Below is the point-by-point action plan of the NITI Aayog which has prepared a three-year action plan having a seven-point agenda.
- Revenue Expenditure Program: The three-year action plan prepared by NITI Aayog suggests to increase the expenditure in health, education and defence sectors.
- Transform sectors: NITI Aayog has suggested in its report that sectors should be transformed. Sectors like industry and services, automobile, clothing industry, gems and jewellery etc. should be the main focus. By transforming these sectors, the government can create more job opportunities. NITI Aayog has also suggested to transform the agriculture sector in order to double the income of farmers.
- Regional Development Plan: A detailed report has been prepared by the NITI Aayog regarding what needs to be done on the regional development front. Regions like the north-east and south-east should be given importance.
- Growth enablers: NITI Aayog has figured out some sectors which are growth enablers. Transportation, energy, digital connectivity, science and technology can contribute more with the help of public private partnership model.
- Sustainability: Focus of NITI Aayog is also on the sustainability of environment, water and forests. According to the report, the environmental issues need to be looked from the perspective of modernity and industrial advancement.
- Social sector: The report also suggests how to improve the education and health services and what more can be done for the disadvantaged groups.
- Governance: Improvement in governance is the need of the hour, as per the NITI Aayog report.