The Hyderabad city is decked up to host the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES), which will be inaugurated by Prime Minster Narendra Modi.
US President Donald Trump’s daughter and advisor Ivanka Trump will lead a delegation from her country at the three-day event. In view of the event’s prominence, the Telangana government allotted funds for the city’s beautification and for the arrangements of the summit. Utmost care is being taken for the smooth functioning of the event.
- The event will primarily focus on four thematic sectors — energy and infrastructure, healthcare and life sciences, financial technology and digital economy and media and entertainment sectors — according to its agenda.
- Newly-crowned Miss World Manushi Chhillar, star woman cricketer Mithali Raj and ace tennis player Sania Mirza will be among the speakers at the summit, on the theme of ‘Women First, Prosperity for All’, as per the agenda of the GES.
- Chhillar and actor Sonam Kapoor will speak in a session on ‘The Female Influencer: Advancing Women’s Opportunities in the Media Industry’. Mithali Raj, Sania Mirza and Indian badminton team’s chief national coach P Gopichand will speak at a session on ‘The Business of Winning at Sports Entrepreneurship’, on November 29.
- NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant will participate in a session on ‘The City that Never Sleeps: Cities of Tomorrow’.
- The NITI Aayog has taken the lead in organising the event.
- As many as 10,400 security personnel drawn from various wings will be deployed to oversee security arrangements for the summit.