Dated : August 31, 2017
NITI Aayog on 10 June 2017 launched SATH Program for providing ‘Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital (SATH) to the State Governments.
The program is aimed at initiating the transformation in the education and health sectors and also aims to address the need for technical support from NITI Aayog towards the states.
• SATH aims to identify and build three future ‘role model’ states for health systems.
• NITI Aayog will work in close collaboration with the state machinery to design a robust roadmap of intervention, develop a program governance structure, set up monitoring and tracking mechanisms and provide support on a range of institutional measures to achieve the end objectives.
• It will be implemented by NITI along with McKinsey & Company and IPE Global consortium, who were selected through a competitive bidding process.
• To select the three model states, NITI defined a three-stage process – expression of interest, presentations by the states; and assessment of commitment to health sector reforms.
•Sixteen states expressed their interest, out of which fourteen made their presentations including Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chandigarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Punjab, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh.
• Out of these fourteen states, five were shortlisted and subsequently, three will be selected on the basis of further evaluations and objective assessment.
• The program will be launched in the three selected states after the signing of MoUs.
Who: SATH Program
What : Launched by NITI AAYOG
When : June 10, 2017
Article by AZAD BUKHARI